Casual, Part Time
||Boroondara Sports Complex,
271c Belmore Road, North Balwyn, 3104
• We teach flexible thinking, as well as flexible bodies. Strength of character, as well as strength of muscles. Confident body movement, as well as confident young people.
• Work for an organisation that values your professional development
• Great staff benefits like free access to gyms!
Work in a fast-paced environment that values team-work, innovation and creativity to ensure a one of a kind experience in Gymnastics! Balwyn Gymnastics Club YMCA is seeking individuals who live and breathe Gymnastics to join our thriving team of professional coaches in January 2018!
The successful applicant will have a strong desire to make an impact in the local community through inclusive sport and recreation. They will have a genuine interest in the well-being and physical education of children, and demonstrate this by delivering engaging and challenging gymnastics classes.
About the Company
YMCA Victoria is a charitable, not-for-profit community organisation that has served the Victorian community for more than 160 years. Together with our partners, we address community needs whilst building strong people, strong families and strong communities. With over 5,000 employees, we deliver programs and services at more than 150 locations every day in settings including camps, student accommodation, community recreation and sporting facilities, swimming pools, early education, schools and kindergartens, youth services and youth justice facilities.
About the Centre
The Boroondara Sports Complex YMCA has recently undergone an extensive, multi-million dollar redevelopment (2016). It is an important community facility and is just one of the four leisure and aquatic facilities that make up the Boroondara Leisure and Aquatic Facilities (BLAF). The Boroondara Sports Complex YMCA Victoria is committed to providing the highest level of service to our visitors and career development for our staff teams. The centre is home to our brand new start-of-the-art health club, gymnastics facility and 5 court indoor stadium as well as stunning outdoor aquatic facilities, a childcare, group fitness and café.
Boroondara Sports Complex is the proud recipient of the 2017 YMCA Centre of the Year award.
At the YMCA, we value our people. Working for us means you’ll enjoy great work/life balance and a range of benefits which improve your wellbeing and help you develop as an individual.
About the Role
We are seeking a community role model who demonstrates and teaches the YMCA values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility. The successful applicant will:
- Value diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive club environment
- Possess exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Work well as part of a team, demonstrating professional and respect at all times
- Be committed to the Safeguarding of Children and Young People
- Be punctual, reliable and honest
- Be flexible to work a combination of afternoons, evenings and weekends in an effort to contribute to the team
How to Apply
Please submit: CV/Resume, Cover Letter
YMCA Victoria is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment, and successful applicants must comply with the YMCA’s Safeguarding Children and Young People Framework.
Visit our website for further information
- Beginner Level Coaching Accreditation with Gymnastics Australia
- Working with Children Check
- Level 2 First Aid
- Safeguarding Children & Young People Certificate (completion upon successful application)
How to Apply