RE3: $25.31 – RE5: $29.04
||Kew Recreation Centre,
383 High Street, Kew, 3101
• Deliver high quality sessions to adults of various ages that promote fitness and stroke development.
• Work for an organisation that values diversity.
• Great staff benefits like free access to gyms!
An opportunity exists for an enthusiastic and reliable individual to
join the supportive swimming lesson team at Kew Recreation
Centre. This role will focus on the delivery of squad sessions to adults catering to diverse range of ages and abilities. You will be part of a team of Adult Squad Teachers delivering early morning sessions across the week.
Additional opportunities for teaching in our swimming lesson program will also be available for suitable applicants.
About the Company
YMCA Victoria is a charitable, not-for-profit community organisation that has served the Victorian community for more than 160 years. Together with our partners, we address community needs whilst building strong people, strong families and strong communities. With over 5,000 employees, we deliver programs and services at more than 150 locations every day in settings including camps, student accommodation, community recreation and sporting facilities, swimming pools, early education, schools and kindergartens, youth services and youth justice facilities.
About the Centre
Kew Recreation Centre
The Kew Recreation Centre is an important community facility that is one of the four leisure and aquatic facilities that make up the Boroondara Leisure and Aquatic Facilities (BLAF) that is managed by YMCA Victoria in partnership with the City of Boroondara. The Boroondara Leisure and Aquatic Facilities provide the unique opportunity for staff to be exposed to a variety of facilities, programs and services within a vibrant workplace. YMCA Victoria is committed to provide the highest level of service to our visitors and career development for our staff teams.
At the YMCA, we value our people. Working for us means you’ll enjoy great work/life balance and a range of benefits which improve your wellbeing and help you develop as an individual.
About the Role
- Experience delivering squad level sessions
- Experience delivering lessons to adults
- Available for early mornings
- Works well within a team to share workload and help with covers when available
- Ability to work effectively with large groups of participants who have a range of ages and abilities
How to Apply
Please submit: CV/Resume, Cover Letter
YMCA Victoria is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment, and successful applicants must comply with the YMCA’s Safeguarding Children and Young People Framework.
Visit our website for further information
- AUSTSWIM Teacher of Swimming and Water Safety or equivalent
- AUSTSWIM Towards Competitive Strokes or equivalent
- HLTAID003 Apply First Aid
- HLTAID001 Perform CPR
- Working with Children Check
- Teacher Rescue Competency (Completion on successful application)
- ACF Safeguarding Children and Young People Certificate (Completion on successful application)
How to Apply