Salary: RE Grade 3-5 ($25.31 - $29.04 per hour)
||Kensington Community Recreation Centre,
Cnr Kensington Rd and Altona St, Kensington, 3031
• Our swim school is growing with more school groups coming through and more children wanting to learn to swim. We need fun-loving and knowledgeable staff to help deliver a safe and educational swim program to our members. That could be you!
• Work for an organisation that values diversity.
• Great staff benefits like free access to gyms!
Kensington Community Recreation Centre is looking for dedicated and fun swimming teachers to teach in our learn to swim program, held daily in the mornings and also evenings after school. We are looking for teachers to join our team who are committed to the YMCA core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
About the Company
YMCA Victoria is a charitable, not-for-profit community organisation that has served the Victorian community for more than 160 years. Together with our partners, we address community needs whilst building strong people, strong families and strong communities. With over 5,000 employees, we deliver programs and services at more than 150 locations every day in settings including camps, student accommodation, community recreation and sporting facilities, swimming pools, early education, schools and kindergartens, youth services and youth justice facilities.
About the Centre
Kensington Community Recreation Centre is a diverse facility that comprises a variety of programs and services to suit the needs of the community. The ever expanding ranges of programs are developed with the ideals of "assess for everyone". The centre caters for many and varied groups within the community including older adults, children, young people and additional needs.
At the YMCA, we value our people. Working for us means you’ll enjoy great work/life balance and a range of benefits which improve your wellbeing and help you develop as an individual.
About the Role
- A love for teaching aquatics and having kids achieve results - however big or small
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and help out when required
- Teaching experience preferred, but not essential
How to Apply
Please submit: CV/Resume, Cover Letter
YMCA Victoria is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment, and successful applicants must comply with the YMCA’s Safeguarding Children and Young People Framework.
Visit our website for further information
AUSTSWIM Teacher of Swimming and Water Safety
AUSTSWIM Teacher of Infant & Preschool Aquatics (highly desired)
Working With Children Check
Perform CPR or equivalent
Apply First Aid or equivalent
Working With Children
Safeguarding of Children and Young People Certificate (Completion upon successful applications)
How to Apply