S/S 1 $24.48 - S/S2 $25.00
||Northcote Aquatic & Recreation Centre,
180 Victoria Road, Northcote, 3070
• This person will lead the pool lifeguard team and help oversee plant operations, facility maintenance and presentation.
• Work for an organisation that values diversity.
• Great staff benefits like free access to gyms!
The role will ensure that operations and presentation meets all relevant legislative requirements and industry standards / best practices through implementation of strong pro-active and responsive systems.
The succsesful applicant will have a drive to progress in the Recreation Industry and will be comfortable in a fast paced ever changing enviroment.
The succsesful applicant will be supported by a wealth of operational/people managment knowledge and will be mentored for continual progression in the YMCA.
About the Company
YMCA Victoria is a charitable, not-for-profit community organisation that has served the Victorian community for more than 160 years. Together with our partners, we address community needs whilst building strong people, strong families and strong communities. With over 5,000 employees, we deliver programs and services at more than 150 locations every day in settings including camps, student accommodation, community recreation and sporting facilities, swimming pools, early education, schools and kindergartens, youth services and youth justice facilities.
About the Centre
The Northcote Aquatic & Recreation Centre is located at 180 Victoria Road, Northcote and offers the following facilities:
- Indoor 25 Metre Pool -6 Tennis Courts
- Indoor Learners and Toddlers Pool -Aerobics/Program Room
- Outdoor 50 Metre Pool -Gymnasium/Circuit room
- Outdoor 25 Metre Learners Pool -Café
- Outdoor Toddlers Pool -Crèche
- Physiotherapy/Massage Room -Spa, Sauna, Steam Room
The Northcote Aquatic & Recreation Centre is owned by the City of Darebin and is managed by the YMCA. All staff are employed by the YMCA.
YMCA Victoria is committed to provide the highest level of service to our visitors and career development for our staff teams.
At the YMCA, we value our people. Working for us means you’ll enjoy great work/life balance and a range of benefits which improve your wellbeing and help you develop as an individual.
About the Role
Capabilities and Behaviours
- Strong communication and training skills
- Able to manage and proritise time and work tasks
- Hands-on person who will lead by example
- Solution based
Knowledge and Experience
- Knowledge and experience of water chemistry and pool plant operations
- Experience in team development / leadership
- General maintenance skills are desirable
Qualifications and / or Licences
(or be happy to obtain)
- Working with Children Card
- Pool Lifeguard Certificate and Level II First Aid
- Pool Operator Certificate
How to Apply
Please submit: CV/Resume, Cover Letter, Key Selection Criteria
Working With Children, Safeguarding Children and Young People Certificate (Completion upon successful applications)
YMCA Victoria is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment, and successful applicants must comply with the YMCA’s Safeguarding Children and Young People Framework.
Visit our website for further information
How to Apply