Children Services Award 6.9 (Above Award) $69,970.16
||YMCA Taylors Hill Early Learning Centre,
12 Park Lane, Taylors Hill, 3037
• This exciting leadership position oversees the daily operations and strategic development of the Children’s Programs and Community Programs. As a motivated and customer focused leader, the Centre Manager will lead a highly engaged and dedicated team of Ch
• Work for an organisation that values diversity.
• Great staff benefits like free access to gyms!
AS the Centre Manager you will:
- Oversee consistent high quality practice of the National Quality Framework, including regulatory compliance (Education and Care National Regulations and Act), adherence to the seven National Quality Standards and Victorian Early Years Learning Framework (VEYLF)
- Oversee the effective running of Centre operations
- Utilise internal and external marketing initiatives to meet Early Learning Centre, Before and After School Care Programs and community centre occupancy and retention targets.
- Initiate and support a culture of innovative Early Childhood practices, resources and professional development for all team members while implementing the YMCA Children's Programs philosophy
- Maintain and support a strong customer and family focus, and ensure a positive service experience for both children and their parents/guardians.
- Identity and respond to service improvement opportunities, including daily operations and systems management to plan and meet budgetary requirements
- Work closely with YMCA staff to deliver Vision 2020 and contribute to the implementation of the Children's Programs strategic pillars of quality, capacity and value proposition.
- Strategically and positively engage with all stakeholders including but not limited to; internal YMCA networks, connecting Primary School, Department of Education and Training and local council networks.
- Perform duties as required and comply with reasonable directions.
About the Company
YMCA Victoria is a charitable, not-for-profit community organisation that has served the Victorian community for more than 160 years. Together with our partners, we address community needs whilst building strong people, strong families and strong communities. With over 5,000 employees, we deliver programs and services at more than 150 locations every day in settings including camps, student accommodation, community recreation and sporting facilities, swimming pools, early education, schools and kindergartens, youth services and youth justice facilities.
About the Centre
On 15 December 2008 Victoria's Premier announced that the Axiom Education Victoria Consortium would design, build, finance and maintain 11 new schools located in Melbourne's West, South and North for a 25-year period as a public private partnership. The total cost of the project was $255 million.
YMCA Victoria was appointed by the Axiom Education Victoria Consortium to deliver the children's and community programming in the early learning centres and community hubs for these schools. The schools are designed to encourage community use and the delivery of exceptional services to local families and the community. Six facilities have been in operation for five years located at Point Cook, Taylors Hill South, Derrimut, Kororoit Creek, Taylors Hill and Craigieburn West. These schools form an integral part of the community.
At the YMCA, we value our people. Working for us means you’ll enjoy great work/life balance and a range of benefits which improve your wellbeing and help you develop as an individual.
About the Role
Capabilities and Behaviours
- Team Development: Showcase strong leadership abilities while supporting the local team of Educators with an emphasis on collaboration, communication, empowerment and engagement.
- Business Development: Ability to plan, develop and meet short and long term goals to strengthen the operations of the Centre and drive strategic planning.
- Inter-personal skills: Possess excellent verbal and written communications skills and well-developed emotional intelligence
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, including the ability to delegate, prioritise and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
Knowledge and Experience
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills and understanding in the implementation and ongoing management of the National Quality Framework.
- Stakeholder Engagement: Ability to positively network and collaborate with internal and external community stakeholders to drive community engagement and customer experience.
How to Apply
Please submit: CV/Resume, Cover Letter, Key Selection Criteria
YMCA Victoria is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment, and successful applicants must comply with the YMCA’s Safeguarding Children and Young People Framework.
Visit our website for further information
Working With Children, Safeguarding Children and Young People Certificate (Completion upon successful applications)
- Tertiary Qualification in relevant field
- In addition to the minimum qualifications listed in the Position Summary, the following qualifications are also required:
- Victorian Drivers Licence and First Aid Level II,
- Anaphylaxis and Asthma qualifications (or willingness to obtain)
How to Apply