Depends on experience and qualification. Centre Supervisor Rate & Weekends Penalty rates apply on weekends
||Geelong Lawn Tennis Club,
Sommers Street, Belmont, 3216
• Customer Service, Programs & Membership Sales
• Work for an organisation that values diversity.
• Great staff benefits like free access to gyms!
The Geelong Lawn
Tennis Club, managed by YMCA, is looking for a new staff member to join our
Customer Service team. The club offers
Tennis, Squash and fitness Memberships as well as Tennis coaching programs and
group Fitness classes.
The new Customer
Service Officer will be directly in charge of delivering premium customer
service to club members and patrons as well as promoting our programs and
Membership services. You will be joining our dynamic team who values fun,
commitment and initiatives. You will be reporting to our Frontline &
This is a casual role including weekends
and possibly evening shifts with a minimum of approx. 10-15 hours as a start
and potential to grow quickly for the right candidate.
About the Company
YMCA Victoria is a charitable, not-for-profit community organisation that has served the Victorian community for more than 160 years. Together with our partners, we address community needs whilst building strong people, strong families and strong communities. With over 5,000 employees, we deliver programs and services at more than 150 locations every day in settings including camps, student accommodation, community recreation and sporting facilities, swimming pools, early education, schools and kindergartens, youth services and youth justice facilities.
About the Centre
Lawn Tennis Club is one of Australia’s oldest tennis clubs, founded in 1882. The
club is managed by YMCA Victoria on behalf of Geelong Lawn Tennis Club
Incorporated. The club features some of the finest tennis facilities in the
- 13 Grass Courts
- 6 Floodlit Plexicushion Courts
- 8 Floodlit en tous cas Courts
- 4 Purpose-Built Hot Shots Courts
- 3 Squash Courts
- Fitness Studio & group Fitness Classes
- Bar facilities
- Commercial Kitchen
- Meeting Rooms
- Venue Hire
At the YMCA, we value our people. Working for us means you’ll enjoy great work/life balance and a range of benefits which improve your wellbeing and help you develop as an individual.
About the Role
Capabilities and Behaviours
- Recognises and acts on the need for support and will accept and delegate responsibility when required.
- Creates a welcoming atmosphere by engaging all people in a friendly and approachable manner
- Works as part of a team and shows professionalism during high pressure situations
- Punctual in both attendance on shift and attendance at mandatory staff meetings
- Immediately responds to customer's needs or concerns
- Models, demonstrates, and teaches positive values like caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
- Maintain high standards of presentation and personal grooming
- Possess a professional and energetic attitude.
- Available to work evenings and weekends as required.
Knowledge and Experience
- Experience in Sales processes and system (desired)
- Experience in previous Customer Service roles (desired)
- Basic computer skills – Microsoft Office and Outlook
- Experience with a diverse range of demographics including young children and older adults
Qualifications and / or Licences
- Current CPR
- Current Senior First Aid (Level 2)
- Working with Children Check
- Current Responsible Service of Alcohol
- Safeguarding Children and Young People (provided upon successful application)
Education & Training
· Participation in workshops and meetings
How to Apply
Please submit: CV/Resume, Cover Letter
YMCA Victoria is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment, and successful applicants must comply with the YMCA’s Safeguarding Children and Young People Framework.
Visit our website for further information
Working With Children, Safeguarding Children and Young People Certificate (Completion upon successful applications)
Responsible Service of Alcohol required prior to start
How to Apply