Children Services Award 6.1
||YMCA Kororoit Creek Early Learning Centre,
5 Millport Drive, Burnside Heights, 3023
• This exciting position assists with the provision of engaging and educational care for children in Long Day Care, Kindergarten and Outside of School Hours Care service settings. This role will require a strong customer focus and the exceptional delivery
• Work for an organisation that values diversity.
• Great staff benefits like free access to gyms!
As the Early Leaning Director you will ensure:
- Educators are effectively and creatively supported to develop and implement a program for children that is engaging and educational and delivers consistent high quality practice of the National Quality Framework, including regulatory compliance (Education and Care National Regulations and Act), adherence to the seven National Quality Standards and Victorian Early Years Learning Framework (VEYLF).
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of a culture of innovative Early Childhood practices and professional development while supporting the YMCA Children's Programs philosophy
- Encourage and support educators to develop and maintain a strong customer and family focus, and ensure a positive service experience for both children and their parents/guardians.
About the Company
YMCA Victoria is a charitable, not-for-profit community organisation that has served the Victorian community for more than 160 years. Together with our partners, we address community needs whilst building strong people, strong families and strong communities. With over 5,000 employees, we deliver programs and services at more than 150 locations every day in settings including camps, student accommodation, community recreation and sporting facilities, swimming pools, early education, schools and kindergartens, youth services and youth justice facilities.
About the Centre
On 15 December 2008 Victoria's Premier announced that the Axiom Education Victoria Consortium would design, build, finance and maintain 11 new schools located in Melbourne's West, South and North for a 25-year period as a public private partnership. The total cost of the project was $255 million.
YMCA Victoria was appointed by the Axiom Education Victoria Consortium to deliver the children's and community programming in the early learning centres and community hubs for these schools. The schools are designed to encourage community use and the delivery of exceptional services to local families and the community. Six facilities have been in operation for five years located at Point Cook, Kororoit Creek, Derrimut, Kororoit Creek, Taylors Hill and Craigieburn West. These schools form an integral part of the community.
At the YMCA, we value our people. Working for us means you’ll enjoy great work/life balance and a range of benefits which improve your wellbeing and help you develop as an individual.
About the Role
Capabilities and Behaviours
- Inter-personal skills: Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and well-developed emotional intelligence.
Knowledge and Experience
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills and understanding of the National Quality Framework, Victorian Early Years Framework and the Education and Care National Regulations and Act.
- Stakeholder Engagement: Ability to positively network and build effective working relationships with stakeholders.
- A knowledge of theories of learning and development with the ability to read widely in current theory and share information effectively with educators so as to imbed it into practice
- A knowledge of curriculum approaches and the strengths and weaknesses of each approach in particular settings or with particular children
- Ability to access current research about curriculum and a desire to guide others in reflecting on their practice and assist in identifying individual pedagogy and its relationship to a Reggio inspired philosophy
- A knowledge of individual children and learning styles so that approaches can be differentiated to meet complex needs of children from a range of backgrounds and abilities
- Demonstrated personal qualities that show a willingness to listen as well as coach, mentor and critically reflect alongside their team in a way that engenders positive growth in practice
How to Apply
Please submit: CV/Resume, Cover Letter, Key Selection Criteria
YMCA Victoria is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment, and successful applicants must comply with the YMCA’s Safeguarding Children and Young People Framework.
Visit our website for further information
Working With Children, Safeguarding Children and Young People Certificate (Completion upon successful applications)
- Diploma, Bachelor or equivalent qualifications in early childhood / children's services or equivalent.
- Leadership qualifications are desirable but not essential though a willingness to complete appropriate professional development in leadership will be seen positively
- First Aid Level II,
- Anaphylaxis and Asthma qualifications (or willingness to obtain)
How to Apply