RE5 ($29.05 per hour)
||Boroondara Sports Complex,
271c Belmore Road, North Balwyn, 3104
• We are seeking a gym instructor to join our team at BSC. Applicants must have a high regard for customer service and member acknowledgment, a passion for helping people to reach their fitness goals, a bubbly personality and approachable nature.
• Work for an organisation that values diversity.
• Great staff benefits like free access to gyms!
We are looking for someone with a zest for life to join our Health & Fitness team at Boroondara Sports Complex. Previous experience is not necessary as we are looking for someone with the right attitude who may also be looking for an ongoing career with the YMCA.
Early starts, evenings, and weekend availability is a must, as well as an enthusiasm for picking up and managing your own personal training clients!
The Health & Fitness instructor plays an integral role within the Boroondara Sports Complex by helping members of the facility achieve their health & fitness goals. We believe in a collaborative and multifaceted approach to health & fitness and believe that our customers deserve the highest level of customer service. Together we do better!
About the Company
YMCA Victoria is a charitable, not-for-profit community organisation that has served the Victorian community for more than 160 years. Together with our partners, we address community needs whilst building strong people, strong families and strong communities. With over 5,000 employees, we deliver programs and services at more than 150 locations every day in settings including camps, student accommodation, community recreation and sporting facilities, swimming pools, early education, schools and kindergartens, youth services and youth justice facilities.
About the Centre
About Boroondara Sports Complex
The Boroondara Sports Complex YMCA has recently undergone an extensive, multi-million dollar redevelopment (2016). It is an important community facility and is just one of the four leisure and aquatic facilities that make up the Boroondara Leisure and Aquatic Facilities (BLAF). The Boroondara Sports Complex YMCA Victoria is committed to providing the highest level of service to our visitors and career development for our staff teams. The Boroondara Sports Complex promotes equal and respectful relationships between women and men reducing stereotyping and creating a healthier workplace for all our employees. The centre is home to our brand new start-of-the-art health club, gymnastics facility and 5 court indoor stadium as well as stunning outdoor aquatic facilities, a childcare, group fitness and café.
At the YMCA, we value our people. Working for us means you’ll enjoy great work/life balance and a range of benefits which improve your wellbeing and help you develop as an individual.
About the Role
- Excellent communication skills
- Previous experience in customer service
- Willingness to develop & learn
- Interpersonal skills and an ability to deal with a diverse range of customers in age, culture, fitness histories and other backgrounds
- Specialist injury management knowledge (e.g. medical conditions, disabilities) will be highly regarded
- Previous customer service skills are desirable
- CECs for maintenance of Certificate III & IV qualification
- Emphasis on courses relative to the groups that you predominantly work with (e.g. pregnancy, older adults)
How to Apply
Please submit: CV/Resume, Cover Letter
Working With Children, Safeguarding Children and Young People Certificate (Completion upon successful applications)
YMCA Victoria is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment, and successful applicants must comply with the YMCA’s Safeguarding Children and Young People Framework.
Visit our website for further information
How to Apply