$62,552 - $66,301 p/a +super
IKON PARK Gate 3 Royal Parade, Carlton, 3053
• The Human Resources Specialist will work at an operational and strategic level to assist teams in achieving their organisational objectives
• Work for an organisation that values diversity.
• Great staff benefits, join a growing organisation and receive free access to YMCA Health Clubs
The Human Resources Specialist will provide timely and accurate advice on diverse HR management activities, policies, practices and key processes including recruitment, appointment, on-boarding, induction, conditions of employment and related issues to managers and staff across Statewide Services within YMCA Victoria.
Working autonomously this role will also provide administrative support and coordination of the entire end to end recruitment cycle. You will report to the Senior HR Business Partner and work collaboratively with the People and Culture team on diverse human resource management projects and related activities, including managing and contributing to the development, implementation and evaluation of a range of best practice human resources projects and programs across the YMCA.
About the Company
YMCA Victoria is a charitable, not-for-profit community organisation that has served the Victorian community for more than 160 years. Together with our partners, we address community needs whilst building strong people, strong families and strong communities. With over 5,000 employees, we deliver programs and services at more than 150 locations every day in settings including camps, student accommodation, community recreation and sporting facilities, swimming pools, early education, schools and kindergartens, youth services and youth justice facilities.
About the Centre
The Statewide Services for YMCA Victoria is a dynamic and growing unit that consists of the following core program and service areas:
- Camping/Community Development Unit
- Children Services
- Health & Wellness
- Youth Services
- Kings Swim
Statewide services operate the aforementioned programs and services across the state of Victoria, with a reach to both local and overseas markets. We operate in a wholly owned business environment in addition to a range of government, local government and private partnership contract arrangements.
We employ approximately 700 staff and volunteers within the Statewide team.
At the YMCA, we value our people. Working for us means you’ll enjoy great work/life balance and a range of benefits which improve your wellbeing and help you develop as an individual.
About the Role
- Experience in managing end to end recruitment in accordance with targeted selection recruitment methodology.
- Excellent computer skills including advanced skills in Office computing applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Sound written and oral communication, interpersonal and customer service skills and the capacity to deal confidently and courteously with people at all levels.
- Sound analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and collaboratively as part of team in a dynamic work environment.
- Strong organisational skills, the ability to successfully complete several tasks concurrently, maintain high levels of attention to detail, maintain documentation and record keeping, and meet deadlines.
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications, completed or working towards, and demonstrated relevant human resources professional experience.
How to Apply
Please submit: CV/Resume, Cover Letter, Key Selection Criteria
Working With Children, Safeguarding Children and Young People Certificate (Completion upon successful application), appropriate tertiary qualifications- completed or working towards, and demonstrated relevant human resources professional experience
YMCA Victoria is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment, and successful applicants must comply with the YMCA’s Safeguarding Children and Young People Framework.
Visit our website for further information
How to Apply