Educational Services (Teachers) Award 2010, above award starting from $60,464 p/a +super
||Mernda YMCA Early Learning Centre,
2 Goulburn Street, , Mernda, 3754
• We are looking for a passionate Kindergarten Teacher to develop, plan and implement a high quality sessional kindergarten program
• Work for an organisation that values diversity.
• Great staff benefits like free access to gyms!
The Kindergarten Teacher is an essential member of the Early Learning team in the delivery of YMCA Children's Programs in the community. The Kindergarten Teacher will work in partnership with fellow Educators and families within a supportive team to enrich children so they can reach their full potential and confidently step into their future.
The Kindergarten Teacher will require a strong commitment to pedagogical excellence and innovation in the Early Childhood field. We seek to facilitate a child's capacity to engage in an environment that is safe, secure, nurturing and educational, particularly prior to the start of their formal school journey. The children's needs, interests and their capacity to develop opportunities for learning and wonder are the focal point of YMCA program delivery and our Kindergarten Teacher is key to our success.
About the Company
YMCA Victoria is a charitable, not-for-profit community organisation that has served the Victorian community for more than 160 years. Together with our partners, we address community needs whilst building strong people, strong families and strong communities. With over 5,000 employees, we deliver programs and services at more than 150 locations every day in settings including camps, student accommodation, community recreation and sporting facilities, swimming pools, early education, schools and kindergartens, youth services and youth justice facilities.
About the Centre
The Victorian State Government in collaboration with Learning Communities Victoria are delivering the largest ever new school building project in Victoria, with fifteen brand new schools planned to open in 2017 and 2018 in Victoria's fastest growing metropolitan and regional communities. The schools are designed as community hubs and will encourage community use and the delivery of exceptional services to local families and the community. The new schools – totalling $291 million – will be designed, financed, built and maintained for 25 years under the New Schools Public Private Partnership Project.
On 27 October 2015 the YMCA entered into an Agreement with Learning Communities Victoria to operate the community facilities and programs within these schools as a part of the Partnership. Working collaboratively, the YMCA Associations of Geelong, Victoria and Whittlesea established YMCA Learning Communities as a joint entity and governing Association to oversee the operational management of these facilities.
In 2016‐17, YMCA Learning Communities will deliver early learning and before and after school care services, will
manage sports stadiums and one pool across twelve of these new developments. Through working in partnership
the YMCA aims to form strong community connections in these development and growth areas.
For further information regarding the New Schools Project, please visit
This change will see the near doubling of YMCA Children's Programs by 2017. For further information regarding YMCA Children's Programs, please visit http://www.childrensprograms.ymca.org.au
At the YMCA, we value our people. Working for us means you’ll enjoy great work/life balance and a range of benefits which improve your wellbeing and help you develop as an individual.
About the Role
- Showcase strong leadership abilities while supporting the local team of Educators with an emphasis on collaboration, communication, empowerment and engagement
- Possess excellent verbal and written communications skills, ability to build excellent family and child relationships and well-developed emotional intelligence
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, including the ability to delegate, prioritise and ensure a consistent high quality service experience for all children and families
- Ability to positively network and collaborate with internal and external community
- Proven ability to embrace current theory and trends in the childcare sector and support a continuous improvement process within the centre
- Excellent knowledge, skills and understanding in the implementation and ongoing management of the National Quality Framework
How to Apply
Please submit: CV/Resume, Cover Letter, Key Selection Criteria
YMCA Victoria is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment, and successful applicants must comply with the YMCA’s Safeguarding Children and Young People Framework.
Visit our website for further information
- Bachelor Degree in Early Childhood or equivalent
- Working with Children Check
- Victorian Crimcheck (obtained prior to employment)
- First Aid Level II and CPR
- Anaphylaxis and Asthma qualifications (or willingness to obtain)
- Victorian Drivers Licence
- Safeguarding Children and Young People Certificate (Completion upon successful applications)
How to Apply