RE4 ($26.84 per hour)
Cnr Princes Highway and Overland Drive, Narre Warren, 3805
• The Membership Advisor is responsible for all aspects of membership and program sales including enquiries, conducting tours, new member administration, ongoing member support, follow up and development of member and participant relationships
• Work for an organisation that values diversity.
• Great staff benefits like free access to gyms!
The Membership Advisor (MA) is the vital link for our members achieving their goals. It is critical that the MA display a commitment and passionate belief in the mission of the YMCA. In addition to this, the MA will provide all customers with the highest possible level of service; the MA will be inclusive and tolerant and will at all times recognise and respect an individual's gender, race, age, culture, ethnicity, class, religion or disability.
The Membership Advisor is responsible for all aspects of membership and program sales including enquiries, conducting tours, new member administration, ongoing member support, follow up and development of member and participant relationships. The MSO is also responsible for assistance in the retention of members and program participants including dealing effectively with cancellation requests in accordance with YMCA policy.
The aim of this position is to provide specialist skills in the areas of: customer service, sales, member and prospective member relations.
About the Company
YMCA Victoria is a charitable, not-for-profit community organisation that has served the Victorian community for more than 160 years. Together with our partners, we address community needs whilst building strong people, strong families and strong communities. With over 5,000 employees, we deliver programs and services at more than 150 locations every day in settings including camps, student accommodation, community recreation and sporting facilities, swimming pools, early education, schools and kindergartens, youth services and youth justice facilities.
About the Centre
Casey ARC is a centre for everyone. One of Melbourne's best health and recreation facilities, Casey ARC's state of the art facilities include a 50 metre swimming pool, program pool, toddler pool, spa, sauna, steam room, and wave pool, a fully equipped health club area, extensive group fitness timetable and programs that cater to older adults and children.
Casey ARC is an important community facility, managed by YMCA Victoria in partnership with the City of Casey. With close to 1,000 000 annual visits, membership base of 4000 and in excess of 3000 swimming enrolments, Casey ARC is one of YMCA Victoria's busiest contract managed facilities
The main goal within the City of Casey is to create more opportunities for more people to be more active, more often, especially those who are least likely to participate in healthy and active lifestyles.
At the YMCA, we value our people. Working for us means you’ll enjoy great work/life balance and a range of benefits which improve your wellbeing and help you develop as an individual.
About the Role
- Provide excellent customer service to all members and guests.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Ability to set and meet goals and deadlines.
- Demonstrate an understanding of membership sales process.
- Creates a fun and exciting work atmosphere that is driven, hard working and goal orientated.
- Leads by example through a strong work ethic.
- Creates a welcoming atmosphere by engaging all people in a friendly and approachable manner.
- Works as part of a team and shows professionalism.
- Punctual in both attendance on shift and attendance at staff meetings.
- Immediately responds to customers needs or concerns.
- Recognises and acts on the need for support and will accept and delegate responsibility when required.
- Flexible to work early mornings, evenings and weekends.
- Models, demonstrates, and teaches positive values like caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility (YMCA core values).
- Maintain high standards of presentation and personal grooming.
How to Apply
Please submit: CV/Resume, Cover Letter
YMCA Victoria is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment, and successful applicants must comply with the YMCA’s Safeguarding Children and Young People Framework.
Visit our website for further information
Previous Experience in a customer service role.
Relevant industry qualifications preferred but not essential
CPR (required prior to commencement).
Working With Children
Safeguarding Children and Young People Certificate (Completion upon successful applications)
How to Apply