SS 3-5 ($52,292 - $62,552 per annum)
||Lady Northcote Recreation Camp,
1273 Glenmore Road, Rowsley via Bacchus Marsh, 3340
• A critical leadership role that works with all areas of the camp to ensure that amazing customer service is delivered to all guests who visit Lady Northcote Recreation Camp. Exciting opportunity for someone to build on the existing operations of the camp.
• Work in an amazing environment, with a great team, and apart of an amazing organisation who impacts lives in positive ways.
• Variety of working inside and outside.
The Director of Operations at YMCA Lady Northcote Recreation Camp is a leadership role that requires a complete knowledge and understanding of all aspects of camp operations including systems relating to administration, programming.
The Director of Operations will direct the YMCA camp staff in the key areas of program and administration to ensure the safe and effective day to day operations of the camp and the provision of high quality customer service.
Building and maintaining strong relationships with client partners, undertaking the Health and Safety Officer position and ensuring sales targets meet budget are the key focus areas of this position.
About the Company
YMCA Victoria is a charitable, not-for-profit community organisation that has served the Victorian community for more than 160 years. Together with our partners, we address community needs whilst building strong people, strong families and strong communities. With over 5,000 employees, we deliver programs and services at more than 150 locations every day in settings including camps, student accommodation, community recreation and sporting facilities, swimming pools, early education, schools and kindergartens, youth services and youth justice facilities.
About the Centre
The YMCA Lady Northcote is a Recreation Camp located in Rowsley, just outside of Bacchus Marsh, 67 km west of Melbourne. The surrounding environment is rural. Lady Northcote accommodates a range of groups from 10 up to 250 people and operates all year. The Camp is owned by the State Government of Victoria and managed by YMCA Victoria, under a 15 year lease that concludes in the year 2020. The camp's outdoor program takes place on the camp site using a variety of outdoor and adventure based activities. Refer to Lady Northcote's website for more information www.camps.ymca.org.au/ladynorthcote.
At the YMCA, we value our people. Working for us means you’ll enjoy great work/life balance and a range of benefits which improve your wellbeing and help you develop as an individual.
About the Role
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate experience and understanding of the essential criteria in the camping industry context.
The successful candidate requires experience and demonstrated knowledge, skills and abilities in the following areas:
- Boundless enthusiasm for working with people from a variety of socio-economic and ethnic backgrounds and particularly with youth.
- An honest and democratic approach to leadership
- You will be team-oriented and willing to "pitch in" to help the team get the job done
- You will be a very good communicator and highly focused on customer service
- Demonstrate a high level of commitment to the camp and the YMCA
- You will care about people including customers and fellow colleagues
- Highly developed organisational skills
- Experiential program development incorporating theory and practice in developing a contemporary leadership development program.
- The Operations Director will be an efficient; well organised person, showing strong commitment to staff development and training along with a strong customer service ethic.
- Emphasis on leadership and motivation that will require excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Experience in the outdoor and or residential camping industry.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in the Outdoor Recreation and camping industry
- Hands on experience in program delivery
- Hand on experience in the development of outdoor camping programs and their logistics
- Experience in the maintenance of outdoor equipment
- Leadership experience in coordinating a staff team
- Previous experience working with groups of all ages
How to Apply
Please submit: CV/Resume, Cover Letter, Key Selection Criteria
YMCA Victoria is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment, and successful applicants must comply with the YMCA’s Safeguarding Children and Young People Framework.
Visit our website for further information
- Working With Children,
- First Aid
- Current Drivers Licence
- ACF SCYP Certificate (Completion upon successful applications)
- Degree or Similar in Outdoor Recreation
- Knowledge of and experience in OHS systems and procedures
- High Ropes Supervisor
- Level One Flat water canoeing or kayaking award
How to Apply