Chidlrens Services Award 2010 level 5.1 or above
||Barton Primary YMCA Before/After School Program,
90 Everlasting Boulevard, Cranbourne West, 3977
• This exciting leadership position oversees the daily operations and strategic development of the Before and After Schools Programs and School Holiday Programs. As a motivated and customer focused leader, the BASP Coordinator will lead a highly engaged an
• Work for an organisation that values diversity.
• Great staff benefits like free access to gyms!
- Oversee consistent high quality practice of the National Quality Framework, including regulatory compliance (Education and Care National Regulations and Act), adherence to the seven National Quality Standards and Victorian Early Years Learning Framework (VEYLF)
- Oversee the effective running of OSHC operations
- Utilise internal and external marketing initiatives to meet OSHC occupancy and retention targets.
- Initiate and support a culture of innovative practices, resources and professional development for all team members while implementing the YMCA Children's Programs philosophy
- Maintain and support a strong customer and family focus, and ensure a positive service experience for both children and their parents/guardians.
- Identify and respond to service improvement opportunities, including daily operations and systems management to plan and meet budgetary requirements
- Work closely with YMCA staff to deliver Vision 2020 and contribute to the implementation of the Children's Programs strategic pillars of quality, capacity and value proposition.
- Strategically and positively engage with all stakeholders including but not limited to; internal YMCA networks, the on location Primary School, Department of Education and Training and the City Council.
- Perform duties as required and comply with reasonable directions.
About the Company
YMCA Victoria is a charitable, not-for-profit community organisation that has served the Victorian community for more than 160 years. Together with our partners, we address community needs whilst building strong people, strong families and strong communities. With over 5,000 employees, we deliver programs and services at more than 150 locations every day in settings including camps, student accommodation, community recreation and sporting facilities, swimming pools, early education, schools and kindergartens, youth services and youth justice facilities.
About the Centre
The Victorian State Government in collaboration with Learning Communities Victoria are delivering the largest ever new school building project in Victoria, with fifteen brand new schools planned to open in 2017 and 2018 in Victoria's fastest growing metropolitan and regional communities. The schools are esigned as community hubs and will encourage community use and the delivery of exceptional services to local families and the community. The new schools – totalling $291 million – will be designed, financed, built and aintained for 25 years under the New Schools Public Private Partnership Project.
On 27 October 2015 the YMCA entered into an Agreement with Learning Communities Victoria to operate the community facilities and programs within these schools as a part of the Partnership. Working collaboratively, the YMCA Associations of Geelong, Victoria and Whittlesea established YMCA Learning Communities as a joint entity and governing Association to oversee the operational management of these facilities.
In 2016‐17, YMCA Learning Communities will deliver early learning and before and after school care services, will manage sports stadiums and one pool across twelve of these new developments. Through working in artnership the YMCA aims to form strong community connections in these development and growth areas.
At the YMCA, we value our people. Working for us means you’ll enjoy great work/life balance and a range of benefits which improve your wellbeing and help you develop as an individual.
About the Role
Capabilities and Behaviours
- Team Development: Showcase strong leadership abilities while supporting the local team of Educators with an emphasis on collaboration, communication, empowerment and engagement.
- Business Development: Ability to plan, develop and meet short and long term goals to strengthen the operations of the Centre and drive strategic planning.
- Inter-personal skills: Possess excellent verbal and written communications skills and well-developed emotional intelligence
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, including the ability to delegate, prioritise and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
Knowledge and Experience
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills and understanding in the implementation and ongoing management of the National Quality Framework.
- Stakeholder Engagement: Ability to positively network and collaborate with internal and external community stakeholders to drive community engagement and customer experience.
Qualifications and / or Licences
- Tertiary Qualification in relevant field or equivalent.
- In addition to the minimum qualifications listed in the Position Summary, the following qualifications are also required:
- Victorian Drivers Licence and First Aid Level II, CPR
- Food Supervisor Certificate Level II
- Anaphylaxis and Asthma qualifications (or willingness to obtain)
How to Apply
Please submit: CV/Resume, Cover Letter, Key Selection Criteria
Working With Children, Safeguarding Children and Young People Certificate (Completion upon successful applications)
YMCA Victoria is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment, and successful applicants must comply with the YMCA’s Safeguarding Children and Young People Framework.
Visit our website for further information
How to Apply