CA3 ($40,933.33 per annum)
||Anglesea Recreation Camp,
1535 Great Ocean Road, Anglesea, 3230
• Working in the great outdoors, leading campers on amazing experiences with a variety of outdoor adventure activities.
• Work for an organisation that values diversity.
• Great staff benefits like free access to gyms!
As part of the program team, the role involves direct delivery of programming to school and community groups, ensuring learning outcomes are achieved and that risk management procedures are adhered to. The position predominantly involves facilitating the camp programs, liaising with school teachers and group leaders as the "Key Leader", risk management and equipment maintenance. As a program leader, you will be multiskilled and capable of undertaking duties in other areas within the camp operations outside the program when required, eg assist with duties in the areas of light cleaning and maintenance at the changeover of groups. You will be required to undertake the role of "Key Leader" on a weekly basis. This is an important leadership role that involves welcoming, liaising between the camp and the visiting group, ensuring all their needs are met and camp program is coordinated. The position involves undertaking the role of "Weekend Duty Supervisor" one weekend per school term (4 times per year), on a roating roster with other fulltime and casual staff. Time in lieu is provided following the weekend worked. Most importantly, as part of a small staff team, the Program Leader will have a commitment to YMCA values (respect, responsibility, caraing and honesty) and act as an excellent role model for children and young people attending camp.
About the Company
YMCA Victoria is a charitable, not-for-profit community organisation that has served the Victorian community for more than 160 years. Together with our partners, we address community needs whilst building strong people, strong families and strong communities. With over 5,000 employees, we deliver programs and services at more than 150 locations every day in settings including camps, student accommodation, community recreation and sporting facilities, swimming pools, early education, schools and kindergartens, youth services and youth justice facilities.
About the Centre
Anglesea Recreation Camp is situated on the Great Ocean Road within a 1.5 hour drive from Melbourne and within easy reach of the magnificent surf coast beaches. The camp provides a high standard of accommodation, catering and programming opportunities for up to 148 people all year round, utilising both onsite adventure-based activities and offsite activities using local natural resources eg Anglesea Main Beach, Pt Roadknight, Anglesea River and Coogoorah Park.
Our core work is in the delivery of residential outdoor education camping programs to Primary and Secondary school groups each school term (40 weeks of the year) and providing camping experiences to a variety of community, sporting/recreation, family and cultural droups during the school holidays and over weekends.
The camp is owned by the State Government, Sport & Recreation Victoria and managed under a 15 year lease by YMCA Victoria that concludes in 2020.
There are four key areas of camp operation including:
- Catering services
At the YMCA, we value our people. Working for us means you’ll enjoy great work/life balance and a range of benefits which improve your wellbeing and help you develop as an individual.
About the Role
Capabilities and Behaviours
- Boundless enthusiasm and energy for working with a wide variety of people, mostly young people from varied socio-economic and ethnic backgrounds
- Committed to the YMCA values of respect, responsibility, honesty and caring towards camp client groups and fellow work colleagues
- Highly developed verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate initiative and be able to work unsupervised
- Team-oriented approach to the workplace
- Enjoy a laugh with those around you and have a love for working in the great outdoors.
Knowledge and Experience
- Experience in the delivery of outdoor recreation programs involving young people in residential camping or journey-based program setting.
- Demonstrated group leadership experience.
- Organisation and planning skills
How to Apply
Please submit: CV/Resume, Cover Letter, Key Selection Criteria
YMCA Victoria is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment, and successful applicants must comply with the YMCA’s Safeguarding Children and Young People Framework.
Visit our website for further information
Working With Children, Safeguarding Children and Young People Certificate (Completion upon successful applications)
Qualifications and/or Licences
- CPR, Level 2 First Aid
- Certificate 4 in Outdoor Recreation or equivalent. As a minimum Tertiary qualification is required or equivalentCertified High and Low Ropes
- Level 1 Flatwater Canoe or Kayak Award
Drivers licence an advantage
How to Apply