Range from $25.31 to $27.71 plus Centre membership including gym and group fitness classes access
||Coburg Leisure Centre,
Bridges Reserve, Bell St, Coburg, 3058
• We are looking for enthusiastic, reliable and friendly Swimming Teachers that are passionate about teaching Swimming and Water Safety.
• Work for an organisation that values diversity.
• Great staff benefits like free access to gyms!
Coburg Leisure Centre is the perfect workplace. Offering a welcoming and nurturing environment we pride ourselves on the development and satisfaction of our swim teachers.
To be a swim teacher at Coburg you need to have a great work ethic, be super consistent, be willing to learn, have lots of energy and enthusiasm and a passion for swim teaching.
We have a fantastic, fun, vibrant and welcoming team who are integral to Coburg Leisure Centre and we'd like you to join us!
About the Company
YMCA Victoria is a charitable, not-for-profit community organisation that has served the Victorian community for more than 160 years. Together with our partners, we address community needs whilst building strong people, strong families and strong communities. With over 5,000 employees, we deliver programs and services at more than 150 locations every day in settings including camps, student accommodation, community recreation and sporting facilities, swimming pools, early education, schools and kindergartens, youth services and youth justice facilities.
About the Centre
Coburg Leisure Centre is a fantastic facility with a heated indoor 25m pool, a smaller pool specifically designed for teaching infants and preschool students. This pool is heated to around 32 degrees and has a maximum depth of 0.8m creating the perfect teaching environment for our littlest learners! Your successful employment at Coburg also comes with full access to the centres facilities. Come and swim laps whenever it pleases you, do a workout in the gym or attend one of our many group fitness classes.
At the YMCA, we value our people. Working for us means you’ll enjoy great work/life balance and a range of benefits which improve your wellbeing and help you develop as an individual.
About the Role
Capabilities and Behaviours
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Passionate and enthusiastic about Aquatic Education
- Able to create age/skill appropriate lesson plans
- Ability to deliver a high quality program and meet expectations
Knowledge and Experience
- Understanding of the AUSTSWIM and YMCA Swimming Lesson programs
- Demonstrated track record in swim teaching
- Required qualifications
How to Apply
Please submit: CV/Resume, Cover Letter
YMCA Victoria is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment, and successful applicants must comply with the YMCA’s Safeguarding Children and Young People Framework.
Visit our website for further information
Working With Children, Safeguarding Children and Young People Certificate (Completion upon successful applications)
- First Aid Level 2 and CPR
- AUSTSWIM Teacher of Swimming and Water Safety
- AUSTSWIM Teacher of Infant Aquatics
- AUSTSWIM Teacher of Aquatics for People with Disabilities is highly desirable
How to Apply