RE Grade 3-5: $25.31-$29.04
||Warragul Leisure Centre,
21 Burke Street, Warragul, 3820
• Teaching people of all ages to swim and be safe around water
• Work for an organisation that values diversity.
• Great staff benefits like free access to gyms!
Warragul Leisure Centre is looking for Swim Teachers to help expand and teach lessons within our program. We would welcome recently qualified swimming teachers or people wanting to become swim teachers to apply. As long as you have a willingness to learn, a passion for teaching and lots of energy. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.
About the Company
YMCA Victoria is a charitable, not-for-profit community organisation that has served the Victorian community for more than 160 years. Together with our partners, we address community needs whilst building strong people, strong families and strong communities. With over 5,000 employees, we deliver programs and services at more than 150 locations every day in settings including camps, student accommodation, community recreation and sporting facilities, swimming pools, early education, schools and kindergartens, youth services and youth justice facilities.
About the Centre
The Warragul Leisure Centre is owned by the Baw Baw Shire Council and managed under contract by YMCA Victoria. Features include: a 50m outdoor pool, 25m indoor pool, hot water pool, program pool, children’s leisure pool with water features, two court stadium, crèche and multipurpose room.
At the YMCA, we value our people. Working for us means you’ll enjoy great work/life balance and a range of benefits which improve your wellbeing and help you develop as an individual.
About the Role
Friendly, positive, approachable and helpful
Strong and valuable team player
Up to date knowledge of swimming techniques and practices
Efficient customer service, friendly, punctual and committed to shifts.
Available to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
All applicants will undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment
All successful applicants will be subject to a National Police Check.
How to Apply
Please submit: CV/Resume, Cover Letter
YMCA Victoria is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment, and successful applicants must comply with the YMCA’s Safeguarding Children and Young People Framework.
Visit our website for further information
Knowledge & Experience
- HLTCPR201A CPR or equivalent
- AUSTSWIM Teacher of Swimming and Water Safety
- Working With Children’s Check
- AUSTSWIM Teacher of Infant Aquatics (highly desirable)
- AUSTSWIM Teacher of Aquatics for People with Disabilities (highly desirable)
- Complete online Safeguarding Children & Young People training prior to commencement
- Participation in workshops and meetings
- Strong Customer Service Skills are essential
- Interpersonal skills and an ability to deal with a diverse range of customers in age, cultu re, swimming ability and other backgrounds
How to Apply