RE 3 $25.31 - RE 5 $29.04 Depending on experience
||Kew Recreation Centre,
383 High Street, Kew, 3101
• Provide engaging lessons in swimming and water safety
• Work for an organisation that values diversity.
• Great staff benefits like free access to gyms!
An opportunity exists for an enthusiastic and reliable individual to join the supportive swimming lesson team at Kew Recreation Centre.
At Kew Recreation Centre we are looking for swimming teachers who share our passion for teaching swimming and water safety to join our friendly and supportive team.
We are looking for people who are committed to the YMCA's core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility and who work well in a team environment.
About the Company
YMCA Victoria is a charitable, not-for-profit community organisation that has served the Victorian community for more than 160 years. Together with our partners, we address community needs whilst building strong people, strong families and strong communities. With over 5,000 employees, we deliver programs and services at more than 150 locations every day in settings including camps, student accommodation, community recreation and sporting facilities, swimming pools, early education, schools and kindergartens, youth services and youth justice facilities.
About the Centre
The Kew Recreation Centre is an important community facility that is one of the four leisure and aquatic facilities that make up the Boroondara Leisure and Aquatic Facilities (BLAF) that is managed by YMCA Victoria in partnership with the City of Boroondara. The Boroondara Leisure and Aquatic Facilities provide the unique opportunity for staff to be exposed to a variety of facilities, programs and services within a vibrant workplace. YMCA Victoria is committed to provide the highest level of service to our visitors and career development for our staff teams.
At the YMCA, we value our people. Working for us means you’ll enjoy great work/life balance and a range of benefits which improve your wellbeing and help you develop as an individual.
About the Role
- Deliver safe, effective and professional lessons
- Be punctual and committed to shifts
- Have a full teaching knowledge of the levels
- Must be respectful of all students, parents and staff
- Work well in a team environment
- Challenges and develops students student's values and attitudes.
How to Apply
Please submit: CV/Resume, Cover Letter
YMCA Victoria is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment, and successful applicants must comply with the YMCA’s Safeguarding Children and Young People Framework.
Visit our website for further information
AUSTSWIM Teacher of Swimming and Water Safety or equivalent
- Additional AUSTSWIM modules would be highly regarded
- HLTAID003 Apply First Aid
- HLTAID001 Perform CPR
- Working with Children Check (Completion upon successful application)
- ACF Safeguarding Children and Young People Certificate (Completion upon successful application)
- Teacher Rescue Competency (Completion upon successful application)
How to Apply