KCRC Redevelopment Update
- Date: 29 July 2019
- Category: General
- Share This
Thank you for your feedback on the proposed Kensington Community Recreation Centre redevelopment.
We received more than 420 responses via our website, several face-to-face sessions at the centre and direct emails to the project team.
What were the emerging themes from the community?
The consultation showed the community would like:
- more recreation and fitness programs
- a larger gym, more group fitness rooms, additional multi-purpose courts, and a café
- flexible spaces
- improvements to the pool, including more lanes and water play features for children
- environmentally sustainable design
- better integration with JJ Holland Park
- improvements to the overall building condition.
Further details on the feedback we received are available via:
We are committed to delivering a new state-of-the-art facility for the Kensington community. The feedback we received will help inform the concept designs.
We will be returning to you with the concept design for the new Kensington Community Recreation Centre for your feedback in September 2019. Sign up to Participate Melbourne and follow the Kensington Recreation Centre page to receive updates:
In the meantime, if you have any questions about the project, contact 9658 9658.
Kensington Community Recreation Centre